Missing teeth are a common problem in the United States. More than 36 million Americans are missing all of their teeth. Another 120 million Americans are missing at least one tooth, which is likely to increase in the future.
Whether you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth, dental implant services are among the best options you have to address the issue. Our Lovett Dental Sharpstown team has years of experience helping patients get their smiles back with dental implants. We provide dental implant services that can give you a natural-looking replacement for your missing tooth.
What Causes Tooth Loss?
Tooth loss impacts nearly 25% of the United States population, making it one of the more common dental problems in the country. The most common causes of tooth loss include:
- Untreated tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Traumatic injuries
- Oral cancer
- Drug, alcohol, and tobacco use
- Inadequate fluoride intake
Tooth loss can lead to structural changes in your mouth. When one of your teeth are missing, the rest of your teeth have to compensate. This can cause a poor bite or jaw pain. Tooth decay, which causes dental cavities, can severely damage your teeth when left untreated. If tooth decay is left untreated for prolonged periods of time, it can destroy the affected tooth and force your dentist to extract it.
No matter the cause of tooth loss, dental implants can provide a natural-looking replacement for your missing tooth or teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are metal fixtures surgically fastened to your jawbone below the gums, onto which artificial teeth can be mounted. These metal implants become anchored to your bone through osseointegration, which is the process of the bone fusing to the metal.
Failing to address missing teeth can increase your chances of experiencing jaw and mouth pain, as well as infections. When you have your tooth extracted, your gum line is exposed. This can increase your likelihood of suffering from gum disease or infections.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many benefits of receiving dental implant services at Lovett Dental Sharpstown. These benefits include:
- Dental implants help to preserve natural bone and promote bone growth. In fact, dental implant services are the only tooth replacement option that does so.
- They last for more than twenty years, making them an excellent long-term option for addressing tooth loss.
- Dental implants allow you to eat and talk as you would naturally.
- When you receive dental implant services, they match your natural teeth so well that no one will know the difference.
- Dental implant services are outpatient procedures, meaning they are safe and allow you to return home immediately afterward.
- You will be able to bite with more or less the same amount of force you could use with your natural teeth.
- When you lose teeth, your face tends to change shape, making you appear older. Dental implants provide similar support for your face like your natural teeth, preventing it from changing shape.
Reach Out to Lovett Dental Sharpstown Today for Dental Implant Services
When you are considering dental implant services, consult your Lovett Dental Sharpstown dentist about the best way to address your tooth loss. Before receiving dental implant services, it’s essential that the root cause of your tooth loss is resolved. Otherwise, the underlying problem can spread and create additional complications.
If you are missing a tooth, you are far from alone. A significant number of adults are missing at least one tooth, making it a relatively common dental problem. To find out more about our premier dental implant services or schedule an appointment, call Lovett Dental Sharpstown today at 972.848.8947 or complete our online contact form today.