Choosing a dentist for your child is a big decision, one that could have implications on their dental health for years to come. That’s why it is important to know what to look for when choosing a pediatric dental office. Having a dentist you trust that your kids like is important. As you compare the options in pediatric dentistry near Houston, Texas, reach out to Lovett Dental Sharpstown to learn more about the services we offer.
Why You Need a Pediatric Dental Office
Pediatric dentistry is different from a family practice. Everything provided is designed for your child’s needs. No matter how old your child is, having a practice designed to meet their needs helps put them at ease and ensures the best possible care out there. There are a few qualities that make a pediatric dental office different:
- The equipment and tools used are the right size for your child. That means more comfort and better results.
- The people are trained to work with children, including all of the assistants, which means your child is welcomed and feels at ease.
- A pediatric dentist is specially trained to work with children and the complex dental health needs they have.
- Your child can get to know the same people over time. That way, they start to like their children’s dentist and want to come in for care. That’s a habit that can last a lifetime.
- You know you’re getting the right type and level of care right for your child, which gives you peace of mind.
What to Look for in a Pediatric Dental Office
There’s much to think about when it comes to choosing a child dentist. When you meet with the team to discuss your child’s needs, you should have access to all of the care your child is likely to need (or may need) in the years to come. This may include:
- General dentistry services for routine checkups and X-rays
- Orthodontic services for braces if they need them
- Wisdom tooth extraction when they are old enough
- Cosmetic dentistry needs to keep their smile looking its best
- Preventative dentistry services like sealants and fluoride treatments
It is a combination of all of these services that can help you feel better about providing care to your child. Talk to the dental care team to find out what services they offer. Can they help you with teeth whitening for your teen? Do they have an oral surgeon available to handle teeth growing in the wrong direction?
A Pediatric Dental Office to Trust
Finally, as you consider all of the available services offered, also be sure you like the people. You need to trust the dental team to provide for your child’s needs. This should include providing you with appointment times that fit your schedule and help for a child that may be very anxious about seeing a dentist.
You should feel as though your dentist makes plenty of time for your child’s needs. What happens when they are younger will play a role in their health for years to come. You want your child to like their dentist, so they want to return time and time again. That creates good habits that last a lifetime. It can directly influence a person’s overall ability and willingness to get the care they need.
Choose Lovett Dental Sharpstown as Your Pediatric Dental Office
Deciding on a pediatric dental office doesn’t have to be confusing or challenging. With our experienced team and comprehensive dental services, we’re confident you’ll love all that we offer at Lovett Dental Sharpstown. The first step is to schedule a consultation and appointment. Call 972.848.8947 or connect with us online today.