We all want to have a healthy mouth that has a smile we’re proud of and is pain-free. Because many foods, including those that are acidic or sugary, cause dental issues, that’s a challenge for some. Others have problems like clenching their teeth in their sleep, which could cause tooth damage. No matter what may or may not be happening in your mouth, routine visits to the dentist are essential. Let’s dig into the importance of dental health services and how Lovett Dental Sharpstown can help you.
What You Need to Know About Dental Health Services
Learning more about the importance of dental health services starts with understanding what they are and why you need them. Here’s a brief outline of services dentists offer and why they’re important:
- Dental cleanings, exams, and x-rays: Cleanings should happen twice annually. During those visits, the hygienist might take x-rays to determine if any issues are occurring that they can’t see. The dentist performs exams annually using records from the hygienist, including x-rays.
- Extractions, dental fillings, and root canals: If you feel pain or dental professionals see issues in your x-ray, they may perform one of these dental health services to solve it.
- Cosmetic dentistry: These services include composite and porcelain veneers, as well as tooth whitening. If you want a brighter and healthier looking smile, these services are available.
- Dental implants: Dentists use implants to restore your smile. If your dentist suggests a bridge or other dental appliance, they might use an implant to anchor it down if you don’t have a natural tooth there to do so.
- Bridges, crowns, and full or partial dentures: If you have a substantial amount of work completed on one of your teeth, your dentist might say it needs a crown. The same is if you have a root canal. If you have several extractions, your dentist can restore your smile using bridges or full or partial dentures.
Using Dental Health Services to Keep Your Mouth Healthy
No one likes the idea of having tooth decay, yellowing, or other tooth issues. Combat those problems by visiting your dentist as often as they recommend. For example, during your initial visit, your dentist will consult with you regarding any issues they find in your x-ray.
They’ll then create a wellness plan using the dental health services they believe is appropriate for your situation. That plan could mean visiting the hygienist more often or using an electric toothbrush instead of a manual. The dentist might also point out which teeth are the worst and explain why addressing them is important.
How to Maintain Your Oral Health
Dental health services, including fluoride treatments and brushing recommendations, help you maintain good oral health. Your dentist is going to outline which foods and beverages cause the most damage, as well. By following their recommendations, and those of your dental hygienist, you’ll save a considerable amount of money on treatment plans.
Maintaining good oral health also means you’re not going to experience the pain associated with tooth decay or extractions. We all know how chronic tooth pain can cause adverse effects on our daily lives. It takes about six months for a cavity to form, and you can combat that by brushing, flossing, and following the recommendations of your dentist.
Find a Professional Dentist Today at Lovett Dental Sharpstown
If you feel tooth pain or have concerns about the condition of your smile, dental health services are available to help solve those problems. Maintain good dental health by scheduling routine visits and ensuring you’re practicing good hygiene habits. Contact Lovett Dental Sharpstown at 281-975-5560 now to learn more about how seeing a dentist on a routine basis can keep your mouth healthy.